The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The innovative idea of goal-oriented planning pioneered, by the UNDP Millennium Project during the implementation of the MDGs, gained traction all over the world when MDGs needs assessment and costing were used as a basis for a ten-year development strategy (2006-2015).
To this end, Inclusive Growth Unit is lead hire an intern to support SDGs implementation and monitoring. The intern will be supporting the State and Federal governments to design strategies for SDG implementation and data collection to ensure that SDGs is achieved by 2030 at both state and national level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support State and Federal governments in SDG data collection
- Support in monitoring and evaluation of set target and achievements at both national and state level.
- Analyze data and information that will inform State and Federal government (policy makers) of the drivers and bottlenecks to sustainable development in the State and Federal level
- Support to develop long-term plan for SDG implementation
- Support in organizing Multi-stakeholder consultative forums
- In close collaboration with States and Federal government, the setting of nationally-relevant targets.
- Document best practices in SDG implementation at local level.
- Support policy formulation for best planning at both State and Federal level.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done
Data Collection and Analysis
Ability to collect both primary and secondary data and analyze the data.
Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
NOTE: APPLICATION IS ONLINE AND FREE OF CHARGE
How To Apply:
- All application must be online here
- No multiple applications to avoid disqualification
- Start application