(UDE) is pleased to offer UDE-Scholarships to pursue Bachelor and Master degree program for winter 2017/2018 and summer 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to international students to study in Germany.
With over 43,000 students, the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) is one of the ten largest in the Federal Republic. Their wide range of subjects ranges from the humanities, society and education sciences to economics, engineering, natural sciences, and medicine. Since its foundation in 2003, UDE has developed into a universally recognized research university.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Bachelor and Master degree program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The UDE-Scholarship is part of the Deutschland stipendium and awards excellent students studying at the University of Duisburg-Essen with 300 € per month for an entire academic year.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All students who are properly enrolled at the University of Duisburg-Essen and are within their regular course duration
- Everyone who intends to study at the University of Duisburg-Essen in the winter semester 2016/17 beginning in October (matriculation status will be checked at the beginning of the semester – matriculation at the time of application is not necessary)
- Unfortunately, PhD students or students of degree courses liable to fees (e.g. Educational Media) cannot apply for a UDE-scholarship in general.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: All students who are properly enrolled at the University of Duisburg-Essen and are within their regular course duration.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
Which data is required?
- Personal data (name, address etc.)
- Information regarding other scholarships and BAföG
- Information regarding your (planned) course of studies and average grades, ECTS-points, and grade of graduation (e.g. Abitur)
- Curriculum vitae on your development (education, internships etc.) and, if applicable, on possible volunteer work (please note that you might have to enter contact information for a verification of your entries)
- Letter of motivation (2.000 characters maximum)
- Optional information on your personal background (Can be to your advantage in the selection process)
- Handing in any documents in paper form is not necessary unless we will ask you to provide documents later on during the selection process
Application Start/Deadline: June 14, 2017, until July 17, 2017